Canadian decision-makers can keep current about COVID-19 responses with three types of products from COVID-END in Canada: 1) Canadian spotlights; 2) global spotlights; and 3) horizon scans. COVID-19 responses can include the full spectrum of public-health measures, clinical management, health-system arrangements, and economic and social responses. These products are published on this website and shared through our dissemination partners.
If you want to receive an email containing hyperlinks to these products twice a month, subscribe here.
Canadian spotlights are published twice a month and include:
- updates to living evidence syntheses and living evidence profiles
- newly completed rapid syntheses and rapid evidence profiles
- newly completed responses to requests when existing evidence syntheses and other resources met a need and no new synthesis was required
- newly taken on questions from decision-makers (for which an evidence product is being prepared).
The spotlights include both work done (or being done) by COVID-END in Canada and work done by any of the 40+ Canadian evidence-synthesis teams that are part of our network.
Global spotlights are also published twice a month and include:
- updates to ‘best’ living evidence syntheses
- new ‘best’ evidence syntheses.
The spotlights include the best syntheses in the world on COVID-19-related decisions and draw on the COVID-END inventory of best evidence syntheses.
Horizon scans are published once a month and include a:
- briefing note about emerging issues
- panel summary about priority issues.
The briefing note is the same one prepared as part of our global horizon-scanning initiative, and the panel summary captures the insights from a Canadian panel that meets immediately. The two documents identify the COVID-19-related issues that decision-makers (and the evidence-synthesis groups that support them) need to pay attention to.