Regional session for teams in development and in discovery
RISE will host six regional sessions for teams identified as ‘in development’ and ‘in discovery’ following the ministry’s review of the team’s self-assessment form and for individuals interested in learning more about what is required of teams. Each session will cover the same content and will last 90 minutes. Team members and individual participants can choose to participate in person or via Webex. A Webex recording of the ‘core content,’ as well as a Webex recording of each of the six question-and-answer sessions, will be posted on the RISE website.
Watch a recording of this session.
The draft agenda for the session is as follows:
- introductions and welcome (5 minutes
- brief presentations on five topics (40 minutes):
- OHTs 101, including the OHT ‘building blocks’ and areas of strength and opportunities for improvement emerging from readiness assessments
- defining a population and in-scope services
- moving to population-health management
- developing a leadership infrastructure and work plans, including primary-care leadership and engagement
- OHT Central Program of Supports, including RISE and its website
- questions and answers (45 minutes)
The six sessions are scheduled as follows:
- downtown Toronto (Hospital for Sick Children or Webex, 16 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm (view slides)
- Sudbury (Northern Ontario School of Medicine or Webex, 19 August, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm (view slides)
- North York (York University, near the intersection of highways 400 & 407, or Webex), 20 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm (view slides)
- London (University of Western Ontario or Webex), 21 August, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm (view slides)
- Hamilton (McMaster University or Webex), 22 August, 4:00 pm to 5:30pm (view slides)
- Ottawa (University of Ottawa or Webex), 28 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm (view slides)
Watch a recording from these Q&A sessions.
The address and other relevant details for each in-person session are below.
Details for the downtown Toronto session
Date/time: 16 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Location: Auditorium, Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning, Hospital for Sick Children
Address: 686 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5G 0A4
Subway stations: Dundas or St. Patrick
Parking: Paid parking is available under the hospital (via a garage entrance located on Elm St.) as well as on nearby streets (but only between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm).
Notes: No food will be provided at the event but there are many nearby coffee shops and restaurants
Details for the Sudbury session
Date/time: 19 August, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Location: MSE-107, Northern Ontario School of Medicine (building 27 on the campus map)
Address: 935 Ramsey Lake Rd., Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6
Parking: Paid parking is available in lots D and G, and there is no parking on campus roads or on the surrounding city streets.
Notes: No food will be provided at the event, and there are no coffee shops or restaurants nearby
Details for the North York session
Date/time: 20 August, 20 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Location: Accolade East (ACE) 102, York University (building 92 on the campus map)
Address: 83 York Blvd., North York, ON M3J 2S5
Subway stations: York University or Pioneer Village stations
Other stations: Brampton and GO stations are also available on campus
Parking: Paid parking is available in multiple lots across campus, with the nearest lot being kitty corner to the session location (with the parking lot marked as 84 on the campus map)
Notes: No food will be provided at the event but there are a small number of coffee shops and restaurants on campus that are open over the summer
Details for the London session
Date/time: 21 August, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Location: University of Western Ontario, Medical Sciences Building, room M146
Address: 1151 Richmond Road, London ON N6A 5C1
Parking: Paid parking is available in multiple lots across campus, with the Social Science lot being the nearest visitor lot (marked J on the campus map).
Notes: No food will be provided at the event
Details for the Hamilton session
Date/time: 22 August, 4:00 pm to 5:30pm
Location: Michael G. DeGroote Centre for Learning and Discovery (MDCL) 2232, McMaster University (building 52 on the campus map)
Address: 1280 Main St. West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8
GO stop: Aldershot to transfer from a GO train to a GO bus to the McMaster University stop (or first courtesy stop on the Hamilton Express GO bus)
Parking: Paid parking is available in the parking lot immediately in front of the McMaster Health Sciences Centre / McMaster Children’s Hospital (building 37 on the campus map, with the parking lot marked as 44), with entrances of Main St. and King St.
Notes: No food will be provided at the event but there is a coffee shop and cafeteria in the adjacent hospital
Details for the Ottawa session
Date/time: 28 August, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Location: University of Ottawa, Desmarais Hall, room 1120
Address: 55 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa ON
Parking: Brooks Garage, located on 100 Thomas More Private ($5.50/hr with $17.50 max) or Rideau Centre Parking Garage Entrance, located on 68-74 Nicholas St
Notes: No food will be provided at the event