Learn How | Virtual nano course on enabling learning health systems
The Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit and McMaster Health Forum are offering a 90-minute nano course that complements our previous Masterclass offerings. The course is designed for interested individuals from the following groups – all of whom need to be engaged as part of building a learning health system (LHS) in Ontario: government policymakers, system and organizational leaders, professional leaders, citizen leaders and researchers interested in providing patient-partnered evidence support to a learning health system.
The course will focus on four objectives:
- demystifying the idea of a LHS from the perspective of government policymakers, system and organizational leaders, professional leaders and citizen leaders
- moving beyond data analytics being the single driver of learning and improvement to capitalize on recent innovations that can bring multiple forms of evidence and business intelligence to bear in ultra-short timelines
- moving from researcher-led efforts to a 'three-legged stool' supported by a system or professional leader, a citizen or patient partner and a researcher
- moving from pilot projects to making this the 'new normal' in health systems
For each objective, representatives from each key group will kick off discussions with a short presentation, followed by ‘rapid-fire’ deliberations among participants.
All sessions will be conducted online using Zoom. There will be four offerings of this 90-minute nano course:
- 21 February, 2024 (9:30-11am ET) – register now
- 9 May, 2024 (noon to 1:30pm ET) – register now
- 22 July, 2024 (noon to 1:30pm ET) – register now
- 10 October, 2024 (noon to 1:30pm ET) – register now
- 30 January, 2025 (noon to 1:30pm ET) – register now
Connecting to the nano course
All sessions of the virtual nano course will be conducted ‘live’ on the internet using Zoom. Participants need to ensure they have a reliable internet connection, speakers, and a microphone.
Complete this online form to register for one of the upcoming sessions of the nano course.
If you are interested in our nano course but are not able to join these sessions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our wait list.