The Global Evidence Commission Implementation Council serves as a vehicle for promoting, contributing to and/or leading efforts to implement the Global Evidence Commission’s 24 recommendations and three implementation priorities.
- formalizing and strengthening domestic evidence support systems (recommendations 5-8, 12, 14, 16)
- enhancing and leveraging the global evidence architecture (recommendations 9-11, 17-24)
- putting evidence at the centre of everyday life (recommendations 13, 15).
In addition to advancing the Global Evidence Commission’s three implementation priorities, partners may also be interested in other priorities from the report, or in taking a specific country (or regional) or sectoral focus.
- recognition of your organization as a partner in the drive to improve the use of evidence to address societal challenges while the ‘window of opportunity’ is open
- periodic email updates so you can keep up to speed on progress and opportunities
- virtual calls every two to three months so you can provide feedback on progress, discuss current and future opportunities, and share your experiences with pushing for change
- support for your efforts to promote, contribute to and/or lead efforts to implement the Global Evidence Commission’s 24 recommendations.