The Evidence Commission works with five collaborating centres that lead activities in their country (e.g., China) and region (e.g., Middle East and North Africa) and in their respective languages (e.g., Spanish). The activities include:
- supporting the Evidence Commission’s three implementation priorities
- identifying examples of innovative practices and products available in their region and language and sharing them with the Evidence Commission for consideration in future updates, on its website, etc.
- leading the translation and dissemination of the report and annual updates
- being the first point of contact for questions in their country/region and language.
These centres include (listed by their working language, namely Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish):
- Knowledge to Policy Center, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, with oversight provided by Fadi El-Jardali
- Institute of Health Data Science, Lanzhou University, China, with oversight provided by Yaolong Chen and Xuping Song
- McMaster Health Forum, Canada, with oversight provided by François-Pierre Gauvin
- Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), Brasilia, Brazil, with oversight provided by Jorge Barreto
- Unit for Evidence and Deliberation for Decision Making in the Faculty of Medicine of Universidad de Antioquia (UdeA), Colombia, with oversight provided by Daniel F. Patiño-Lugo.
The Evidence Commission gratefully acknowledges the Russian Medical Academy for Continuing Professional Education, hosting Cochrane Russia, with oversight provided by Liliya Eugenevna Ziganshina, Ekaterina Yudina, and Dilyara Nurkhametova. This group translated the Evidence Commission report into Russian.