Learn How | Virtual Masterclass
The Forum and its collaborators are pleased to be hosting a ‘virtual’ version of the masterclass on the conduct and use of patient-oriented research in Ontario’s health system. All sessions will be conducted online using Webex. We will be hosting four offerings of the virtual masterclass, with each offering 11 weeks in length:
25 February 2019 to 6 May 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 2:30pm to 3:30pm) 23 May 2019 to 1 August 2019 (sessions on Thursdays and Wednesdays, 12:00pm to 1:00pm) 9 September 2019 to 25 November 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 2:30pm to 3:30pm) 6 January 2020 to 23 March 2020 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
Outline of the virtual masterclass
Each of the 11 weeks will include a one-hour instructional session and one additional one-hour ‘check-in’ session, which will allow for feedback and interaction among the participants regarding tasks stemming from the instructional sessions.
Connecting to the virtual masterclass
All sessions of the virtual masterclass will be conducted ‘live’ on the internet using the Webex platform. Participants need to ensure they have a reliable internet connection, speakers, and a microphone.
- 30 hours
- 11 hours (1 hour per week) for virtual instruction
- 10 hours (1 hour per week excluding the last week) for check-ins/discussion
- Approximately nine additional hours to complete tasks independently
- Each participant must attend a minimum of 10 instructional sessions and seven check-in sessions in order to be eligible for a completion certificate.
- If participants are unable to attend any of the sessions, each session will be recorded and posted for participants to view, however, these instances will not count toward a completion certificate.
Registration for all virtual masterclass offerings is now closed. We hope to be able to provide additional offerings in the future.