Learn How | Masterclass
The Forum’s masterclass was designed to prepare future champions for the conduct and use of patient-oriented research in Ontario’s health system. The course material (on the Ontario SPOR Support Unit website), provides:
- general information about patient-oriented research
- information about patient-oriented research for:
- examples of patient-oriented research in action
The Forum has provided three masterclasses, which combined face-to-face sessions with online modules and updates. The curriculum for these sessions provides more detail on the topics covered.
The Forum and its collaborators have now designed a ‘virtual’ version of the masterclass. The virtual masterclass was offered four times, each over the course of 11 weeks. All sessions were conducted online using Webex. The four offerings of the virtual masterclass included:
- 25 February 2019 to 6 May 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 2:30pm to 3:30pm)
- 23 May 2019 to 1 August 2019 (sessions on Thursdays and Wednesday, 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
- 9 September 2019 to 25 November 2019 (sessions on Mondays and Thursday, 2:30pm to 3:30pm)
- 6 January 2020 to 23 March 2020 (sessions on Mondays and Thursdays, 12:00pm to 1:00pm)
Registration for all virtual masterclass offerings is now closed. We hope to be able to provide additional offerings in the future.
The masterclass was supported by the Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit (OSSU) with funding from the Government of Ontario and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. The design of the virtual masterclass curriculum and coordination of the faculty involved are being led by the McMaster Health Forum.