Expanding the reach of our Queen Elizabeth Scholars into strengthening health and social systems
Jul 6, 2018 |
The McMaster Health Forum is proud to have been selected as one of 20 Canadian institutions to host the next round of scholars in the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship program (2018 through to the end of 2021). Through this latest phase of the QES program, we look forward to continuing to prepare action-oriented leaders and helping to create lasting impacts on health and social systems, both at home and abroad. The expansion of these scholarships to include social systems mirrors our growing reach beyond health, through Forum+.
>> Learn more about these scholarships and how to apply.
We are proud to partner with the following organizations who have agreed to host interns over the course of the scholarship:
- Africa Centre for Evidence at University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Institute for Health Systems Research at the Ministry of Health Malaysia (Malaysia)
- Knowledge to Policy Center at the American University of Beirut (Lebanon)
- REACH Policy at Makerere University’s College of Health Sciences (Uganda)
- Sax Institute (Australia)
- School of Medicine at the Universidad de Antioquia (Colombia)
The Forum was initially awarded funding as part of the first round of scholarships in 2014, and by the end of 2018 we will have hosted more than 60 scholars (incoming and outgoing) who have become part of our large and growing network of Forum-trained health-system leaders.
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) are managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and select Canadian universities. This program is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada, provincial governments, and the private sector.
on Twitter for insights and updates from the McMaster Health Forum (using #QEScholars).
Back to all news items