Horizon scan documents can be accessed below and are shared through many of our dissemination partners. If you want to receive an email containing hyperlinks to these documents, as well as our Canadian and global spotlights, subscribe here.
||Briefing note (coming soon)
|Panel summary (coming soon)
Horizon scans are published once a month and include:
- briefing note about emerging issues
- panel summary about priority issues for Canada.
The briefing note is the same one prepared as part of our global horizon-scanning initiative, and the panel summary captures the insights from a Canadian panel that meets immediately after the global panel meets. The panel summary identifies the COVID-19-related issues that Canadian decision-makers (and the Canadian evidence-synthesis groups that support them) should consider paying attention to.
The Canadian panelists comprise a mix of strategic and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinkers and doers who collectively bring diverse perspectives to our horizon-scanning work, including:
- a mix of citizens, service providers, policymakers and researchers
- experience with one or more of public-health measures, clinical management and pandemic-related conditions like mental-health issues, health-system arrangements, and economic and social responses (e.g., education and food security)
- being based in different parts of Canada
- having English, French or another language be their mother tongue while being able to read and either speak or write (even at a basic level) in English.