COVID-END in Canada benefits tremendously from the insights of its 12-member steering committee, which includes:
- Anne Hayes, Denis Roy and Trevor Corneil as representatives of evidence-synthesis teams based in government (Ontario ministry of health), government agencies (INESSSS) and a hybrid of the two (B.C. CDC and ministry of health), respectively
- Maureen Dobbins and Margo Greenwood as representatives of KT/ intermediary initiatives in their roles as leads for the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools and the National Collaborating Centre for Indigenous Health, respectively
- Maureen Smith and one other individual (to be confirmed) as experienced citizen leaders
- Doris Grinspun and Owen Adams as representatives of major professional bodies (Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario and Canadian Medical Association, respectively)
- Marina Salvadori, Braden Manns and Gaynor Watson-Creed as current or former representatives of policymakers/leaders (Public Health Agency of Canada, Alberta Health Services, and Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness, respectively).
Our steering committee also includes the four scientific leaders and two additional ex-officio members:
- Alfonso Iorio, Chair of the Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence & Impact and Director of the Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University
- Ileana Ciurea, Senior Advisor for Strategy, Collaborations and Innovation at the McMaster Health Forum.
The meeting materials from steering committee meetings are listed below, with key documents available by clicking on hyperlinks. More up-to-date versions of documents that are not hyperlinked can be found on corresponding COVID-END in Canada webpages.