McMaster Health Forum | Register for Learn How
Finding and Using Research Evidence to Inform Decision-making in Health Systems and Organizations
There is a growing international focus on evidence-informed policymaking, and a corresponding demand from policymakers, stakeholders and researchers who want to find and use the best available research evidence. By enrolling in this course, participants will be well-positioned to meet these growing demands.
- to develop your knowledge about tools and resources available to help health- and social-system policymakers and stakeholders use research evidence
- to examine the attitudes that are supportive of using research evidence in health system decision-making
- to enhance your skills in acquiring, assessing, adapting and applying research evidence
Setting Agendas and Developing Policies
Policymaking can be a complex process with many factors influencing agenda setting, policy development and policy implementation. By enrolling in this course, participants will have a better understanding of when and how to intervene.
- to develop your knowledge about the frameworks and resources available to support health- and social-system policymakers and stakeholders in their efforts to set agendas and develop policies, and to influence agendas and policy development;
- to examine the attitudes that are supportive of setting agendas and developing policies, and influencing agendas and policy development; and
- to enhance your skills in setting agendas and developing policies and influencing agendas and policy development.