Parminder RainaAdjunct Faculty
Dr. Parminder Raina is a Professor in the Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence and Impact at McMaster University. He specializes in the epidemiology of aging with emphasis on developing the interdisciplinary field of geroscience to understand the processes of aging from cell to society. He has expertise in epidemiologic modeling, systematic review methodology, injury, and knowledge transfer. He holds a Canada Research Chair in Geroscience and the Raymond and Margaret Labarge Chair in Research and Knowledge Application for Optimal Aging. He has been appointed to the National Seniors Council in 2018 and is the Scientific Director of the McMaster Research Institute for Research on Aging and Labarge Centre for Mobility in Aging. He is the lead investigator of the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging. Dr. Raina is one of the founding members of the Ontario Research Coalition of Aging Institutes/Centers. He has served on several national and international advisory committees such as National Panel for Transportation needs of Aging Population, Big Data Initiative in Ontario, Ontario Minister's Advisory Group on Alzheimer Disease and Related Dementia Research. He was also a member of the External Scientific Advisory Board of European Union funded projects Consortium on Health and Ageing Network of Cohorts in Europe and the United States (CHANCES) and the Social Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing (SIforAGE) consortium.
- Professor, Department of Health Evidence and Impact (HEI)
- Raymond and Margaret Labarge Chair in Research and Knowledge Application for Optimal Aging
- Canada Research Chair in Geroscience
- Scientific Director, McMaster Research Institute for Research on Aging
- Scientific Director, Labarge Centre for Mobility in Aging
- Lead Principal Investigator, Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging.
- Member, Population Health Research Institute