Citizen partnership in COVID-END Global
COVID-END Global brings together researchers from the evidence-synthesis, technology-assessment and guideline-development communities, as well as providers, policymakers and other stakeholders from across the world. This includes bringing in the voices of citizens to ensure their perspectives are woven in its work.
Citizens make a significant contribution to COVID-END Global by:
- identifying (and prioritizing) issues to be addressed along the full spectrum of decisions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and response (public-health measures, clinical management, health system arrangements, and social and economic responses);
- ensuring that new evidence syntheses being conducted address questions and outcomes that are important to them and involve citizens in their work;
- ensuring that the pandemic response will reflect the values and insights of citizens, and also consider equity considerations; and
- providing strategic guidance to the work of COVID-END Global.
There are five ways to engage citizens in COVID-END Global:
- the partner steering group, which provide guidance to COVID-END Global
- the horizon-scanning panel, a global panel to proactively identify long-term, recurring and emergent issues that need to be prioritized in efforts to synthesize the best available research evidence to support decision-making about COVID-19
- the working groups
- two task groups that contribute in ways that cut across the working groups:
For more details about our citizen partners, click here.