Global spotlights can be accessed below and are shared through many of our dissemination partners. If you want to receive an email containing hyperlinks to our global (and Canadian) spotlights, subscribe here.
|First half of January 2022||Global spotlight 13.1|
|December 2021||Global spotlight 12.1|
|Second half of November 2021||Global spotlight 11.2|
|First half of November 2021||Global spotlight 11.1|
|Second half of October 2021||Global spotlight 10.2|
|First half of October 2021||Global spotlight 10.1|
|Second half of September 2021||Global spotlight 9.2|
|First half of September 2021||Global spotlight 9.1|
|Second half of August 2021||Global spotlight 8.2|
|First half of August 2021||Global spotlight 8.1|
|Second half of July 2021||Global spotlight 7.2|
|First half of July 2021||Global spotlight 7.1|
|Second half of June 2021||Global spotlight 6.2|
|First half of June 2021||Global spotlight 6.1|
|Second half of May 2021||Global spotlight 5.2|
|First half of May 2021||Global spotlight 5.1|
|Second half of April 2021||Global spotlight 4.2|
|First half of April 2021||Global spotlight 4.1|
|Second half of March 2021||Global spotlight 3.2|
|First half of March 2021||Global spotlight 3.1|
|Second half of February 2021||Global spotlight 2.2|
|First half of February 2021||Global spotlight 2.1|
|To end of January 2021||Global spotlight 1
Global spotlights are published twice a month and include:
- updates to ‘best’ living evidence syntheses
- new ‘best’ evidence syntheses, which could be full or rapid reviews and living (i.e., regularly updated) or not.
For each entry in a spotlight (or each row in a spotlight table) we provide:
- whether it addresses public-health measures, clinical management, health-system arrangements, or economic and social responses (i.e., what part of the COVID-END taxonomy it addresses)
- hyperlinked ‘declarative title’ that provides decision-relevant details like the interventions or exposures examined and the certainty of available evidence
- type of synthesis (drawn from the above list)
- date of last search for evidence
- quality of the evidence synthesis
- whether an evidence profile (e.g., GRADE) is available that speaks to the certainty of the evidence contained in the evidence synthesis.
The entries include the best syntheses in the world on COVID-19-related questions and draw on the COVID-END inventory of best evidence syntheses.
All new requests from decision-makers are checked against both our inventory of best evidence syntheses (from which these global spotlights are drawn) and our inventory of Canadian evidence syntheses (from which our Canadian spotlights are drawn) to ensure we share and build on already completed work.