This working group informs processes to prepare us for future societal challenges.
Terms of reference
- Review drafts of a proposal for a commission that will review the COVID-19 response and identify and prioritize who needs to do what differently in future to support
- evidence syntheses that are fit-for-purpose for COVID-19 and for future societal challenges
- policy, practice and personal decision-making about COVID-19 and future societal challenges based on the best available synthesized evidence and guidelines (e.g., media/editors for the public, guideline developers and implementers for providers, evidence units in government for policymakers, and research funders for researchers)
- Facilitate input on, and discussion of, the commission’s papers and findings by:
- integrating these papers and findings into the programme for a Cochrane-convened event on COVID-19 in October 2021
- organizing a World Health Assembly side event in May 2022, jointly with WHO, member states, and selected commissioners
- identifying and using opportunities to advocate for key issues informing the discussions of the commission, as well as for key messages resulting from the commission
- Share organizational advocacy plans and activities among working-group members to:
- identify areas of common interest in which advocacy efforts could reinforce each other
- align, where possible, the messaging.
- Sylvia de Haan, Cochrane, U.K.
- Others to be added soon
- Secretariat: John Lavis, McMaster Health Forum and COVID-END Secretariat